Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Woodstock?!?!


I just could not believe it when my sister told me about this book. It is called the Wednesday Letters, by Jason Wright. This fictional story takes place in Woodstock, VA. The story is fictional, but this is a real town.The author researched Woodstock and used that for his book. This little town is where I grew up. I was stunned that someone would find my little hometown, out of all the small towns across the country and then use it as a backdrop for his story. I had to read it. Sure enough the author mentions all the wonderful features you'd know about if you've been there. I loved being reminded of a place I called home in my youth. A good read with a mix of love story, mystery and humor.

Wright is the popular LDS author of Christmas Jars, which I have yet to read. And I found out the he loved Woodstock so much after researching that he moved there, image that y'all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had to smile at your post. Imagine somebody writing a book about Woodstock! I'm glad you enjoyed it. Speaking of The Wednesday Letters, I work with Jason and thought you’d like knowing he has a new contest on his web site where you can win a free trip-for-two to his hometown in VA, the Shenandoah Valley. All you have to do is mail him a Christmas card! All the details are here:

http://www.jasonfwright.com/triptosvalley.php